OPERATIONS UPDATES – COVID-19
WEEKLY OPERATIONS UPDATE – MONDAY 07/27/20
- We continue to see an uptick in chassis utilization levels across all intermodal markets, especially in the Western region, which is currently experiencing a spike in imports.
- LA-LB Port Complex serviced 21 additional cargo vessels over the past 4 weeks. An increase in import volumes has caused a spike in dwell times at warehouses in the region due to limited storage space. For more information, visit http://pop-lalb.com/
- TRAC continues its fleet readiness programs, including M&R and Safety Stock to make road-ready chassis available for customers once trade rebounds.
- TRAC’s field operations continue to serve customers in all markets. In addition, our office employees are equipped to seamlessly support our customers and service partners via phone or email in a secure and productive environment, while working remotely.
- Ocean carriers are expecting a slow recovery into Q3 and Q4 with encouraging signs visible earlier this month. However, with an increase in new infections being reported in U.S., the outlook for the balance of 2020 remains difficult to predict.
MESSAGE FROM TRAC’S CEO, JENNIFER POLLI
TRAC Intermodal continues to closely monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the global supply chain. Our top priority remains the health and safety of our employees and business continuity for our customers. In addition, our focus is on supporting the intermodal industry’s efforts to maintain freight fluidity in spite of trade disruptions.
We are taking the following measures to position TRAC to respond quickly to changing market conditions, including a potential rebound in container volumes, to ensure uninterrupted service to our customers.
EQUIPMENT STORAGE SOLUTIONS
TRAC is offering secure parking and storage for trucks, containers and chassis through its Service Centers across all intermodal markets. To learn more, please email: email@example.com
NEWS AND INDUSTRY UPDATES
TRAC Intermodal is Celebrating National Truck Driver Appreciation WeekSeptember 10th – 14th is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in recognition of the...