OPERATIONS UPDATES – COVID-19
WEEKLY Operations Update – Monday 05/18/20
- Last week, we have seen an uptick in chassis utilization levels in the Gulf region, while the rest if the U.S. remained unchanged or showed a slight decline.
- With an increase in utilization, chassis dwell times are also increasing due to limited storage space. Monitoring dwell times will be critical for the supply chain to keep intermodal equipment turning to ensure the capacity for any spikes in demand.
- We expect a slowdown of chassis utilization in May as blank sailings increase throughout North America.
- TRAC’s field operations continue to serve customers in all markets. In addition, our office employees are equipped to seamlessly support our customers and service partners via phone or email in a secure and productive environment, while working remotely.
- TRAC continues its fleet readiness programs, including M&R and Safety Stock to make road-ready chassis available for customers once trade rebounds.
Message from TRAC’s CEO, Jennifer Polli
TRAC Intermodal continues to closely monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the global supply chain. Our top priority remains the health and safety of our employees and business continuity for our customers. In addition, our focus is on supporting the intermodal industry’s efforts to maintain freight fluidity in spite of trade disruptions.
We are taking the following measures to position TRAC to respond quickly to changing market conditions, including a potential rebound in container volumes, to ensure uninterrupted service to our customers.
Equipment Storage Solutions:
TRAC is offering secure parking and storage for trucks, containers and chassis through its Service Centers across all intermodal markets. To learn more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS AND INDUSTRY UPDATES
Message from TRAC's CEO, Jennifer Polli TRAC Intermodal continues to closely monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the global supply...
Source: American Shipper Chassis management and equipment provider TRAC Intermodal is ready to manage anticipated sudden upswings and downturns in U.S....
Truck drivers across the country are facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Many state-run rest stops are closing or...
TRAC INTERMODAL BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANCOVID-19 (Coronavirus) UpdateThe COVID-19 pandemic has created unrivaled challenges for our personal lives and our...
In this unprecedented pandemic the world is facing, ‘safety first’ is critical for truck drivers. Today, it is more important than ever to protect not only...
A recent JOC.com article, "Evolving NY-NJ chassis pool maintains port flow" highlights the successful evolution of the chassis pool in the Port of NY-NJ...