Pool Administrator will work primarily with the Ocean, Rail and CY Locations in the GACP, WCMP, LABP Pool Structure. Responsibilities include ensuring data integrity to enable correct invoicing of the customer. This position serves to review terminal Inventories to ensure that the data present in PoolStat3 is consistent with that in the terminal operating systems and to work with the terminals to identify and move aging equipment, gather needed support for lost chassis and when necessary provide that info to the lines. This position communicates with the member lines regarding their contribution to the Pool and the changes to that contribution.
- Responsible for insuring inventory correctness by reviewing PoolStat3 data from each of the terminal locations.
- Responsible for verifying input data to ensure accuracy of future billing and utilization reports.
- Responsible for invoice verification – storage, 3rd party; etc.
- Responsible to secure on terminal usage based on contractual terms.
- Responsible for performing various job-related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Intermodal operations and 2-3 years experience a necessity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer & Outlook
- Able to learn and adapt to new internal software system
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Ability to identify problems, process resolution and implement action or solution timely
- Ability to meet deadlines; prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks.
Special Position Requirements
Travel on a limited basis a possibility.
This position requires long periods sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer.
- This job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
- Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.