ETL Software Developer
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including gathering business requirements, analysis, design, software development and production support. The candidate will be responsible for implementing highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes in an environment involving a technology stack that includes Oracle, ETL, data warehousing and OLAP technologies. The business domain is asset management in the intermodal transportation industry. Candidate must be focused, hard-working and self-motivated.
- Design, create specifications, develop code and perform testing of ETL/database application projects.
- Simultaneously perform multiple projects and maintain accountability for all tasks associated with the projects.
- Document business requirements according to established standards.
- Transform business requirements into design specifications used for development
- Assist in gathering information to perform necessary ETL code/projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting of bugs, modifications, and slight extensions.
- Create/Extend new ETL programs using ODI toolset.
- Assist in data migration needs of the department and company where applicable.
- Be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision
- Interact with IT management regarding work assignments and report status.
- Use change management tools for deployment of enhancements to the data environments
- Recommend corrective action when necessary to improve performance, capture exceptions, and maintain scheduled jobs.
- Recommend backup strategies for all data migration projects/applications.
- Perform job monitoring, root cause analysis and resolution, and support production processes
- 5+ years experience in dimensional modeling ala Kimball.
- 5+ years experience in ETL technologies, preferably using Oracle Data Integrator.
- Excellent query-writing skills.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate is a plus.
- Experience with OLAP technologies (e.g. Essbase) is a plus.
- Experience with multiple database products (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), including minimum 5 years of using Oracle.
- Knowledge of Information Builders WebFocus is a plus.
- Specific experience in the intermodal or transportation industries is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10 + years of overall development experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
- Competently handle competing, multiple priorities.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Strong work ethic, critical thinker, ability to quickly adapt to change.