Supply & Demand Analyst
The Business Performance Analysis Group manages and optimizes the supply and demand fleet planning of our chassis. The Supply & Demand Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical support to develop management action plans to most cost effectively and efficiently supply equipment needs across our nationwide footprint.
- Mine and analyze fleet and usage data from our two main fleet database systems.
- Identify and communicate trends and early alerts on fleet and usage across our operating locations.
- Assist in developing management action plans to meet supply and demand and the preparation of cost/benefit analyses.
- Proactively propose, design, and create new to ways to extract and store data.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and special projects to assist in key decisions about our fleet.
Required Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in [Business, Finance, Economics, Operations, or Engineering]
- A minimum of one to two years analytical or related business experience required.
- Must have proven competence in data mining, analysis and modeling capabilities, expertise in Excel (including Pivot tables and V-lookups) and strong PowerPoint skills. Strong database skills (Access, Oracle) would be a plus.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to perform analytical work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects in a team-oriented matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving outstanding results
- Specific experience in transportation industry a plus but not required
- Typical office environment
- Tempo is fast-paced with high demands and stringent deadlines