Quality Assurance Analyst
A Quality Assurance Analyst (5+ year’s experience) is needed for testing application development in a C++, C# and Oracle PL/SQL environment. Business domain is asset management in the intermodal transportation industry. Related business experience is a plus but not required.
The QA Analyst must be well rounded in a variety of technologies, have a solid understanding of business applications, and have strong analysis, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills. The position will start with manual testing but can evolve to include automated testing.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, business acumen, a strong SDLC background, and a good understanding of available testing tools.
- Develop and execute test plans, develop test cases, test data, test scenarios, and other testing related documentation
- Organize meetings with Business and Development staff for requirements/implementation review
- Coordinate testing related tasks and activities with business representatives and IT staff
- Effectively interpret Design/Requirements documentation and work with business and IT staff to create test plans/scripts
- Accurately report and track testing related defects and issues
- Identify issues and provide suggestions to improve the overall quality of software
- Support the Development Team with day-to-day issues that arise during the development and testing effort
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of related QA experience required
- Specific experience in the intermodal or transportation industries preferred
- Experience as a Liaison between Business Unit & QA and coordinating UAT test efforts is a plus.
- Possess specific experience developing SQL queries and using different Joins on multiple tables to perform Backend Testing
- Experience using HP Quality Center or Mercury Test Director is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team
- Experience with automated testing technologies is a huge plus
- Prior experience with direct responsibility for leading a QA testing effort required
- Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive
- Ability to identify problems and propose resolutions
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Ability to multi-task
Special Position Requirements
- Requires working evenings or weekends as needed for special projects
- Requires performing day, evening and late night production deployments on a rotation basis
- This position requires long periods sitting behind a desk performing tasks on a computer and in-house system applications.
- This job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
- Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.