Position Responsibilities, not limited to:
Supervise M&R Vendors
- Perform pre- and post-repair inspections in field, authorize repairs.
- Perform timely audits per month or as needed; evaluate and control quality of repair vendors’ work.
- Make decisions on behalf of Trac Lease, pursuing the lowest total-cost options; assessing whether or not repairs are necessary and appropriate repairs are prescribed.
- Determine if repairs are due to damage vs. wear-and-tear items; ensure vendor accountability upon instances of damage missed on gate inspection or caused by yard handling; communicate with vendor/facility ensuring accurate gate inspection notations and yard handling procedures.
- Make certain AAR rules are being employed and followed at rail facilities.
- Require and inspect accurate repairs prescribed and performed upon instances of missed or yard damage.
- Review take off tire inventories, ensure accuracy of vendor marking and coding, track tire usage, inspect tires for cause of failure, identify and submit failures for pursuance of warranty credit.
Invoice Processing Functions
- Review vendor repair invoices for accuracy; ensure all invoices are submitted and received parallel to terms in M&R Vendor Agreement; re-send to vendor for revision when inaccuracies are found and communicate with vendor steps needed to take for correction; decline when situation is warranted and is justifiable; approve accurate invoices for payment; assist with vendor’s inquiries regarding outstanding invoices.
- Manage 3rd party billing process to assist the Vendor Compliance group.
- Review field estimates and EDI invoices to identify repairs due to abusive handling by trucker; compile work order, TIR, and tire material sheet when needed to begin 3rd party process; communicate with Vendor Compliance group when 3rd party invoice disputes occur.
- Provide expert opinion to resolve disputes between truckers and receiving facility regarding inbound TIR notations.
- Timely review and accurately code manual invoices
Support M&R Management program
- Periodically assemble statistics for management, including but not exclusive to audits performed, expenses related to a particular vendor or repair category, operational efficiencies, perform physical inventory reconciliations and report findings, etc.
- Perform daily count of available and damaged chassis by chassis size as needed.
- Review rail terminal operator information to determine grounded or mismatched member line containers and outbound equipment forecasts and delays
- Complete chassis reconciliation between marine, rail, and CY locations and Seacastle / Trac Lease system.
- Assist with road calls when received as follows: Follow Seacastle’s OTR procedures that are in place, identify if problem is related to W&T or damage, locate mobile repair vendor, and recommend most cost efficient and safe method of repair.
- Understand each phase of the chassis progression for term lease terminations – COHNA, AU, Approved for repair, AV – and each function related to each status.
- Be able to technically discuss and prescribe correct repairs according to IICL standards.
- Perform joint and independent COHNA surveys – maximize revenue of customer approvals from lease terminations; review, identify, inspect, revise and prescribe correct repairs of chassis to be repaired or scrapped; recognize and apply warranties and assign modifications where needed; coordinate bookings, surveyor inspections, and customer acceptance; QC / post inspect chassis booked for lease.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, pass a background check, meet Rail Terminal facility security requirements, and have or be able to obtain a TWIC.
- Must be able to perform “walk-around” inspection of chassis, as well as using a crawler to check brakes and axles.
- Must be able to lift and move truck tires.
- Must be able to multi-task, and work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Must have a command of MS-Office package, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to receive and communicate repair instructions verbally and in writing in a professional manner
- Understand and comply with all safety precautions.
- Have M&R experience and operational knowledge of rail, marine and port, CY, and depot facilities.
- Candidate must be free of potential conflicts of interest
- IICL Chassis certification / wheel end / brake / tire / electrical training a plus.
- Ability to travel a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.